Position Title: Proposal Writer
Department: Global Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Senior Proposal Manager
Named to the Future 50 list two years in a row and awarded GovStar Star Workplace, AINS is seeking talented candidates to join its fast-growing team. Be part of an exciting opportunity to develop, market and deploy the next generation of mission-critical software and apps.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leads proposal response efforts from beginning to end
- Assist with meeting proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Develops and maintains proposal schedules; multiple proposals may be worked on in parallel. Leads the proposal kickoff meeting; ensures that the proposal outline and schedule are distributed and tasks are assigned to appropriate employees with specified timeframes. Leads Pink, Red, Gold, and White Glove meetings as required.
- Assists with or leads capture of concepts and technical solutions in accurate and compelling prose and graphics
- Coordinates editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements
- 4+ years’ experience in proposal writing
- Demonstrated success writing persuasive, winning proposals in highly competitive environment.
- Experience leading all stages of proposal process including Kickoff, Pink, Red, Gold, and White Glove meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; strong self-motivation. Takes ownership of proposal process and quality of proposal product.
- Must exercise judgment on a regular basis with minimal oversight, while following established procedures.
- Demonstrated success managing and working with Subject Matter Experts in collecting then portraying technical information accurately and persuasively
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Understands complex concepts and able to articulate client needs to the proposal team
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills with an ability to grasp and communicate technical concepts
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Word and other MS products.
- Able to multitask, coordinate multiple proposals, and meet short timelines/deadlines
- Formal proposal training preferred
Undergraduate or Graduate degree in field related to Information Technology and/or Writing