Project Manager (Release Manager)
An exciting and challenging position for an application Project Manager on a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance, COTS integration and software development services and business solutions for more than 50 applications in the Federal Government. The candidate will be responsible for the overall management and success of software releases for assigned software products; project management; managing release schedules; tracking budgets; optimizing resource assignments; and collaborating with key government stakeholders. The work location is in Washington, DC (Metro Accessible). All employees are currently working remotely for the foreseeable future.
General roles & responsibilities:
- Manage and lead client software releases leveraging Agile SDLC processes, tools and templates.
- Work closely with government stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Prepare project plans and project schedules, manage project team assignments, track milestones, and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Define application problem by conferring with clients; evaluate procedures and processes. Interview and collaborate with stakeholders at multiple management levels to obtain requirements
- Ensure compliance with client SDLC standards and customer specifications.
- Lead/Support multi-disciplined project teams in the delivery of high-quality IT products and services (on time and in budget).
- Track action items and actively identify and mitigate risks.
- Manage requirements backlogs and engineering priorities
- Motivate staff and provide leadership and guidance to improve team performance. Identify, communicate, and lead ongoing process improvements initiatives.
- Provide support to the client Project Manager for ad-hoc business development activities.
Other Desired Skills
- Experience preparing project plans, managing resources, monitoring performance, tracking budgets, and quality metrics reporting.
- Experience leading customer meetings, and preparing/delivering presentations.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Well organized and detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong team player with effective leadership and collaboration skills.
- Project management for the development and maintenance of enterprise web applications
- Knowledge and experience with Federal Security Practices and Assessments
- ITIL Foundation
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Active or interim secret security clearance