Storage Administrator (NetApp)
This position is for a member of a team responsible for management of a multi-node Storage Area Network (SAN) supporting application systems and 24x7x365 support for the batch job scheduling process for those systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Batch Job Scheduling
- Experience with storage solution like, Netapp Data Ontap Cluster Mode operating system or similar
- Experience and expert knowledge of storage replication and mirroring like, Data Ontap application layer technologies such as Snapmirror, Snapvault, StapRestore, and Snapdrive or similar.
- Experience with SAN implementations and related technologies such as iSCSI and NDMP networking protocols and disk management concepts such as RAID groups, Aggregates and LUNs.
The position includes, as a secondary responsibility, a requirement to manage the batch job scheduling operation for the application systems. This requires either current experience with a batch job scheduling product such as BMC's Control-M or Redwoods Cronacle batch job scheduling products, or a willingness to learn and subsequently support such a product. This will entail the ability to install, configure and maintain the product and associated batch job schedules, and to monitor the batch job schedule execution.
- Working knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking concepts (network interfaces, switches, routing, VLANS, etc)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/12 operating system (Microsoft certification or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Microsoft scripting languages such as VBScript and Powershell.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Active or Interinm Secret clearance required