Technical Business Analyst
AINS is a technology firm specializing in software products and technology services. Due to continued growth, AINS seeks to expand our eCase software implementation team with the addition of a talented Technical Business Analyst. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills, proven requirements gathering and documentation skills and be technically capable of configuring applications.
eCase is AINS’ platform to configure and implement a variety of workflow-driven case management applications. If you are interested in eliciting requirements across a wide-variety of business processes including HR, finance, contracting, audit, correspondence, program management, authorizations, investigations, grants and approvals and configuring applications to meet customer needs in a fast paced environment then AINS offers an exciting career opportunity for you. We seek an analyst who can configure and implement eCase solutions for our growing customer base. The work location is in Gaithersburg, MD, with periodic onsite meetings at Federal government facilities in Washington, DC.
General roles & responsibilities:
- Define application by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes. Interview and collaborate with stakeholders at multiple management levels to obtain requirements
- Own custom developed end-to-end processes to integrate eCase applications with external applications.
- Work with customers to define integration specifications, including extraction and transformation processes.
- Work with customer and product team to translate business and functional requirements into technical User Stories.
- Translate user stories into technical specifications and work with Development team completing updates.
- Document and manage software requirements. Manage requirements backlogs and engineering priorities.
- Develop solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions and mocking up new user interfaces.
- Provide support for Developers, Test Team and client stakeholders in the creation and implementation of requirements
- Validate results by testing programs.
- Develop and update software and release Documentation. Develop software Release Notes
- Develop Process Analysis and Standard Operating Procedures. Provide Process and system diagrams using available tools
- Manage and lead client software releases leveraging Agile SDLC processes, tools and templates.
- Work closely with government stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Ensure compliance with client SDLC/release standards and customer specifications.
- Track action items and actively identify and mitigate risks.
- Make product roadmap recommendations and participate in ownership of selected case management applications.
- Analyze, capture, document and illustrate customer’s “as-is” and future ”to-be” business processes and requirements. Produce as needed using Word, Excel, Visio and other tools: Functional requirements/Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs, and, instructional and process documentation
- Elicit and document system requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Strong analytical and product knowledge skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements and work with developers.
- Configure and deploy eCase applications to assure desired business processes and requirements are faithfully implemented
- Create business process workflows using eCase’s eFlow Designer and design and configure user interfaces using eCase’s UI Designer.
Other Desired Skills
- Strategically see the big picture but can focus on the details needed to tactically execute to the plan and requirements.
- Strong system and business analytical skills with the ability to facilitate working meetings, ask probing questions to elicit requirements and ability to understand the feedback to comprehend client responses to translate into documentable requirements.
- Experience designing, programming, testing, or supporting software development and integrations (though no programming will be required for this specific role).
- 4+ years of experience in software requirements analysis and documentation
- Strong Project Management skills to prepare project plans/schedules, track milestones, and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Well organized and detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Technical Capacity, Problem Solving/Analysis. Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Customer/Client Focus and Presentation Skills.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work with all levels of client from end users to managers to obtain detailed system requirements
- Experience in creating system and user documentation.
- Demonstrated success building out an application and integrating with external data sources.
- Domain knowledge of federal contracting industry.
- Project management for the development and maintenance of enterprise web applications.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience with modeling tools such as Visio and requirements management tools such as Contour or Jira is a plus.
- US Citizen with the ability to gain a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Information Systems or related degree