Business System Analyst
AINS has an exciting and challenging position for an application Business System Analyst with some project management experience. The successful candidate will join a large IT project providing application operations and maintenance, COTS integration, software development services and business solutions for more than 50 applications at a Federal Government client supporting world-wide offices.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the rollout, planning and requirements for a continuous pipeline of digital signature solutions using DocuSign. This position will act as a service owner and liaise with Government stakeholders and end users in grooming the digital signature backlog, prioritizing activities based on value, defining requirements/stories for processing and workflows and supervise/plan the technical implementation of digital signature solutions.
Release Management activities would include planning software releases for defined projects, managing the team’s integrated schedule; tracking budgets; planning resource assignments; and collaborating with key government stakeholders on future roadmaps. This position is hands-on and will be active in the implementation by also assisting with training plans and materials, defining and documenting new standard procedures and user materials, and conducting some webinars and hands-on training for critical user groups.
The work location is in Washington, DC
General roles & responsibilities:
- Coordinate the launch of this new business service within the Federal Agency.
- Learn and apply applicable federal guidance regarding digital signatures.
- Define digital signature solutions by conferring with clients and evaluate procedures and processes. Interview and collaborate with stakeholders at multiple management levels to obtain requirements.
- Document and manage software requirements backlogs using Agile methods.
- Envision solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflows and business processes.
- Provide support for Developers, Test Team and client stakeholders in the creation and implementation of digital signature solutions.
- Validate results by testing solutions.
- Develop and update solution documentation, including user self-help materials, training materials, Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), and any applicable security documentation.
- Manage and lead client software releases leveraging Agile SDLC processes, tools and templates.
- Work closely with government stakeholders to effectively manage customer expectations for all software releases.
- Prepare project plans and project schedules, manage project team assignments, track milestones, and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Track action items, report status and actively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Strong system and business analytical skills with the ability to facilitate working meetings, ask probing questions to elicit requirements and ability to understand the feedback to comprehend client responses to translate into documentable requirements.
- Project Management skills to prepare project plans/schedules/reports for a small implementation team, manage project team’s assignments, track milestones, report status and ensure seamless integration with software release plans.
- Well organized and detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Technical Capacity, Problem Solving/Analysis. Critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Customer/Client Focus and Presentation Skills.
Other Desired Skills
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Experience in software requirements analysis and documentation.
- Ability to work with all levels of client from end users to managers to obtain detailed system requirements.
- Experience in creating system and user documentation is also required.
- Experience with Digital Signature Solutions, such as DocuSign.
- Project management for the development and maintenance of enterprise web applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal Security Practices and Assessments.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with modeling tools such as Visio and Agile requirements management tools such as MS Azure DevOps (aka VSTS), Contour or Jira is a plus.
- B. S. degree
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- US citizenship - Active or interim Secret Clearance.